New Members Welcome
Lea Valley Airgun Club is recognised as one of the friendliest airgun clubs and is the ideal place to chat to other shooters in the clubhouse, get advice and try new guns on the ranges before parting with your hard-earned cash.
Membership is open to anyone who has completed our Introduction visits.
If you have completed your introduction visits and wish to become a member, contact the Membership Secretary at the club or email Any membership queries, please contact Secretary@leavalleyairgun.com with your request.
Following the COVID-19 pandemic and the lock-down, we are not, for the foreseeable future at least, allowing visitors on site unless they are in a direct progression to membership. Please be aware that we may be operating a waiting list for progression to membership.
When we have membership spaces available this progression is split into three visits.
- Free of Charge and arranged directly with the secretary via email@example.com for a slot between 9:00 and 10:30 or 12:30 and 15:00
- The visit is an orientation meeting and tour to determine if probation visits are possible and to what level.
- We will outline the process, agree the cost and arrange for the next visit if you want to proceed and complete the paperwork if possible. The form can be completed at Visit 2 if needed.
- This will be carried out at the ground in the open air with standard 1 meter + distancing. There will be no opportunity to shoot on this visit.
Visit 2 – Compulsory next Stage
- Following Visit 1 this will be an arranged date and time and with an instructor.
- Cost is £20 for an individual. We can take a family group of a maximum of 2 people at additional £10 for the second person. The fee is paid to the instructor on the day.
- The visit will cover a Safety briefing and observed shooting using your own gun or a Club Gun.
- Club guns and equipment will be cleaned with Sanitizing solution or similar at the start of the session and both prospective member and instructor are required to use hand sanitizer and if required the instructor will wear a face covering as the visit will be in a slightly more enclosed space.
- The instructor will then determine which of the two options below is required for your third visit.
Visit 3 – Option A
Experienced Shooter with their own equipment
- You will be required to pay £10 for an afternoon slot where you can shoot as a probationary member where you are likely to be periodically observed by club Safety Officers or if you wish you may take part in the competition held that morning at the same cost. You will be able to shoot for 2-3 hours.
- If all goes well you will then be approached and advised on how to proceed to membership at the cost as detailed on our website. If there are issues, you will be spoken to during the visit and required to attend again this time using Option B before you can proceed to membership.
Visit 3 – Option B
Novice using club gun or own equipment
- You will be required to pay £20 for an afternoon slot of one hour and will receive one to one instruction using an appropriate range. This can include general gun use, gun set up and marksmanship as appropriate.
- We can take a family group of a maximum of 2 people at additional £10 for the second person. The fee is paid to the instructor on the day.
- Club guns and equipment will be cleaned with sanitizing solution or similar at the start of the session and both probationary member and instructor are required to use hand sanitizer. If you require more privacy than an open range, please discuss this with the instructor at your first visit as other arrangements can be made.
- At this time it may be determined by either you or the instructor that further visits are required under the same arrangement. If all goes well you will then be allowed to proceed to membership at the cost as detailed on our website.
All shooters under 18 are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian (21 or over) at all times when on the ranges. Shooters under the age of 9 may be allowed, but this will be entirely at the discretion of the Management Team.
Following the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown, we are not, for the foreseeable future at least, allowing visitors on site unless they are in a direct progression to membership. Please be aware that we may be operating a waiting list for progression to membership.
The club reserves the right to refuse any membership application without providing reasons. All members should familiarise themselves with the clubs rules, as failure to comply with these could lead to the termination of membership.
Adults are defined as anyone over 18.
Children are defined as anyone under 18
NB: no solo junior memberships offered in order to comply with legislation.