Lea Valley Air Gun Club
Pistol Competition Rules
1st Saturday of every month.
- Sign in from 9:00
- Briefing 09:45
- Start 10:00
- Results/Awards- After all competitors have finished including any Shoot-offs, please return cards to Comp Sec promptly.
Entry– Free to all members and visitors. (Visitors must pay grounds guest fees)
Open to any calibre sub 6ft/lb pistol, TAC users should have FAC available for inspection.
- Iron sights
- Red-Dot sights
- Optical sights (Optical magnification not to exceed 4x. Battery devices may be turned off between firing points.)
No adjustment of sights after first shot has been taken.
- Protective eye wear should be worn.
- Only competitor and scorer at the firing point, Others to stand back in a place of safety.
- Competitor to operate pull-up string.
- Pistols to be carried in a box, bag or holster and only removed when at the firing line.
- Loading of pistols and insertion of magazines only to be carried out at the firing line.
- Recharging of co2 pistols to be done at the firing line.
- All discharges to be carried out over the firing line.
- All shots to be taken in the standing position.
- No supports of any kind to be used.
- Some part of the body must be in contact with the firing peg whilst taking the shot.
- Double handed and cross arm hold is permitted.
Course of fire-
- Fifteen targets
- Target are set between 10 and 25 yards (Approx.), Consisting of 40/45mm diameter knock over targets, there may be alternative targets of smaller diameter scoring higher which the competitor may elect to shoot.
- Targets to be painted before competition starts and of contrasting colour.
- Targets can be obscured 50% maximum.
- Three shots at each target.
- 5 points for a knockdown
- 2 points for a hit on the plate, (see above “Alterative Targets” Scoring 10 points)
- 0 points for miss
All fully paid-up members on or before the first date of the competition period are eligible for entry into the clubs six monthly league.
- Top four scores based on highest members score of the day in each section.
- Minimum of four shoots to qualify.